Thursday, October 30, 2014

MY LATEST FOOD COLUMNS ARE UP ON ASHVEGAS.COM

I forgot to post a  link here last week for my Ashvegas food column, so I'm doubling down with links to last week AND this week...

1) HOT DOGS AND DOUGHNUTS

I review a single hot dog from Greenlife Grocery as well as the black dog at King James Pub, then move on to a doughnutty rant that ends with a review of Hole in West Asheville.

Click HERE to read it on Ashvegas.com

Here are the owners of Hole Doughnuts on Haywood Ave in West Asheville.  They were super nice!

2) BISCUIT HEAD / VORTEX / HEMPEH

I recount the mystery meat experience that I had on my first visit to  Biscuit Head in West Asheville, but give their brisket biscuit the thumbs up at their Biltmore Ave location.  Then I rave about Vortex Doughnuts for a bit and end with a plea to help support a new, locally made product called Hempeh.

Click HERE to read it on Ashvegas.com

Here I am with one of the owners of Vortex Doughnuts, also super nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment